Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ken Brown  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 12:03:46 PM(UTC)
Ken Brown

Groups: Registered

I am trying to get more forward traction during the winged right corner exit phase. The track is very dry, slick and smooth. The car is well balanced for push and over steer but spins tires on corner exit. I have raised the car as your article indicates, which has helped. What other ways can you raise the CGH? I am considering raising the seat, lowering the front and rear roll centers, and because I have to add ballast to make weight, I am considering putting the weight in the halo bars on top of the roll cage and in the wing tree. Are these ideas OK or will they cause other problems? Is there another way to raise the CGH? I have minimized stagger to help. The tracks I run are 1/4 mile. Two of them are large radius turns and the third is a tight corner longer straight style track. My driving style tends to be more of a stop and go, lower on the track, rather then riding the cushion around the top carrying the momentum so longitudinal traction seams more important. I would like to find enough traction to lift the front end slightly. This is a winged car at 1025Lbs.
Mike Dicely  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 6:10:15 PM(UTC)
Mike Dicely

Groups: Administrator, Pay Per View, Administrators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 128 time(s) in 127 post(s)
Hello Ken,

A big thing with light weight drivers is we need to raise the seat. So that is a good thing to do. And yes, move the ballast up. The other thing to consider as a driver is you want to try to keep the car straight where you lack traction. So do your turning earlier so that you can keep the car straighter coming off. You only have so much traction available, using it to accelerate rather than turn on exit can be a huge advantage.