Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
goforit14  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 7, 2020 6:10:32 PM(UTC)
goforit14

Groups: Registered

I am installing 2018 GSXR 1000 in lighting sprint. I had once heard that you should keep the center line of engine output shaft above the center line of the front bolt on the left side wishbone hiem.. Not sure if that is true or if their if a cause n affect to either. My car is a wishbone car. My manufacturer is not making the mounts for this motor so I am on my own to figure this out. Any help appreciated..
goforit14  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2020 12:06:37 PM(UTC)
goforit14

Groups: Registered

Mike first I apologize, you had answered this question about 5 months ago.. I knew I heard it somewhere. But can you clarify a bit on previous answer. It says " It can also cause the chain to skip if it is not in the center of the front sprocket (or within a 5/8")." Is it then OK to have the center line of front sprocket ~5/8" above or below wishbone centerline? I am just wanting to get my new engine install low as possible..
Mike Dicely  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2020 10:31:57 PM(UTC)
Mike Dicely

Groups: Administrator, Pay Per View, Administrators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 131 post(s)
Sounds like my previous answer was for a wish bone setup. On a Z link car, you will have to run a good chain tensioner anyway as the rear axle pivots around a point behind the rear axle and the chain will change tension a lot. And a lightning sprint has a really long chain so it’s not as big of a deal.