Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
jasonsmith  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2021 11:12:32 PM(UTC)
jasonsmith

Groups: Registered

so last practice day i tried playing around with a rr bump stop. from what i’ve learned just online and my research a Rr bump stop should be useful on a dry slick because it keeps the car from rolling off the LR tire as much. but when getting into the bump stop you are adding a lot of weight and force on the RR. wouldn’t the added weight by the bump stop on the RR actually loosen you up once you get into it. it seemed to me that when i get into the bump stop mid corner it loosened my up in the slick.. in the tacky it tightened me up mid corner but created a ton of drive. just wondering if my thinking is correct. it seems like it would be more useful on the LR for a slick track

thank you
jason smith
Mike Dicely  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2021 10:10:14 AM(UTC)
Mike Dicely

Groups: Administrator, Pay Per View, Administrators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 132 post(s)
A RR bump stop actually gets teh car off the LR more. Meaning it transfers a ton of weight off the LR and onto the RR. The big thing a RR bump does it it keeps the CGH high. CGH has a much bigger affect on chassis handling than corner weights do.

Whether the RR bumps makes the car looser or tighter on a slick track has to do with your starting corner weights, static and dynamic CGH, shocks and more. You cant make a statement that a RR bump will make the car looser or tighter, there are a million variables involved.