Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
nowings4me  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 29, 2022 9:39:39 AM(UTC)
nowings4me

Groups: Registered

Hi Mike,

I’ve been wondering about w-link mounting points, strap lengths, and w-link size and their effect on roll center. My chassis has 3 mounting points for the straps, an inner hole, middle hole, and outer hole. I know that simply will move the roll center more to the left or more to the right. But what about strap length? Does using a shorter strap just move the roll center right? Same with w-link size, does a shorter w-link just move roll center to the right?

For example… if I’m in the middle mounting point on the chassis, and use a shorter strap, is that the same as moving to the outer mounting point? And is using a shorter w-link doing just the same? Seems to me they all move roll center to the right, just not sure if there are any other secondary effects to these adjustments.
Mike Dicely  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 29, 2022 11:43:22 AM(UTC)
Mike Dicely

Groups: Administrator, Pay Per View, Administrators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 132 post(s)
For simplicity, you can consider the roll center to be where the centerline of the two straps intersect. So you can figure out what happens when you go shorter or longer straps.

A sorter or longer paddle does not change where the roll center is. It only changes where the right rear bearing carrier ends up being located.